Help us map the Behavior Genome
Help Improve Care
Ginger.io will use the Behavior Genome to improve care for certain chronic conditions.
The Behavior Genome associates medical conditions with lifestyle patterns. Our research has shown that a condition corresponds to unique patterns of human behavior. Once we understand those patterns for your condition, our app will be able to automatically send you reminders and insights, connect you to a support community, and inform a doctor or loved one that you may be getting sick.
But for this to work we'll need lots of behavior data. That's where you can help. All you have to do is install our app on your Android phone or iPhone, commit to answering a few questions a day, and let us collect some data from your phone. Your participation will help further science and improve care for you and others like you!
We're looking for contributors in the following conditions:
Here are some other ways to contribute to science:
Data We Collect
- Active Data: Active data consists of your answers to about 3-5 questions that our app will ask you every so often (daily or weekly) to help us gauge how you're doing.
- Passive Data: Passive data is the heart of the Behavior Genome. Our app uses the sensors in your phone to gather information about your behavior – in the background, automatically, securely and privately. For now, we're focusing mainly on collecting data about your movement, call, and texting patterns.
What You Get
- Insight: We'll tell you interesting things we've noticed about your behavior and how it impacts your well-being.
- Community: This is a collective effort, so our app will show not only how much you have contributed to the project, but also how much the community as whole has contributed.
- A Warm Fuzzy Feeling: You'll help us shape the future of healthcare and improve treatment for people living with chronic conditions.