Security Engineer Intern
San Francisco, CA
During your internship, you will be integrated into a team where you will work on various projects to help Ginger.io fulfill its mission to make high quality mental healthcare possible for everyone. Interns will have the opportunity to participate in weekly cohort meetings, team outings and events, and engage in discussions with Ginger.io leadership. If you want to be in a true learning environment and are eager to make an impact in your next internship, this is the place to be!
Security is of paramount importance at Ginger.io. We help people better manage their mental wellbeing by providing a comprehensive team of coaches, therapists and psychiatrists via a simple-to-use mobile app. Safeguarding sensitive information is critical to our continued success. The healthcare regulatory and compliance laws such as HIPAA further makes security a very high priority for us. From the CEO down to each individual developer, everyone views security as a personal responsibility. As a Security Intern, you will have the unique opportunity to hone your security skills by contributing to the company’s top priority security projects.
- Improve automated systems and develop scripts to improve our metrics and visibility.
- Learn and use security-related tools to help protect Ginger.io’s members.
- Identify risks and report to teams of mobile, web and infrastructure engineers.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security or similar discipline.
- You’re fascinated by information security, cyber security, or technical risk management.
- You already have some technical depth in a few of the following areas: iOS, Android OS, Web Services, SQL, Python, Linux, Docker, and/or penetration testing.
- You have a fun and positive attitude, and like working in teams who will challenge you to excel!